Search This Blog

Monday, August 26, 2019

Frogs Galore

Hello. I got some new stamps and couldn't decide which to do first so I did both

I started with this adorable, dapper little frog. I colored him up and used some vintage patterned papers for the background. He was so quick and easy to make. Use a stitched die to cut a panel and tie some black organza ribbon and you are done.
Copic Colors used;
Jacket & Hat-N3, N4, N5
Vest, bow tie and hat lining-R37, R39, R89
Frog-G82, G85
Cane-W5, W7

Isn't he the cutest? I started by stamping Rough day? randomly all over a white piece of card stock. I should have heat embossed in clear or black but I didn't know I was going to ink blend over it until too late. I used Distress Oxide in Mowed lawn and blended all over the background. I misted it with water and used a paper towel to pick up some color. Then I sprayed the paper towel and swiped it over the Rough day? to help them pop out a bit from the green ink. I die cut a circle and used a stencil to and the Mowed Lawn over it. I trimmed down the background and one edge of the circle and then used a distressing tool to rough up the edges. I hit the edges with Distress Oxide in Black Soot and assembled the card. The frog needed a place to sit so I just swiped the Mowed Lawn across the circle. I stamped the sentiment one more time and drew my own speech bubble around it and cut it out along with the frog.
Copic colors used:
Frog-Y11, YG13, YG17
Eyes-C00, Y0000 and a red colored pencil to make them look blood shot

Supplies used:
Tim Holtz Speckles stencil
Salutation Toad-first card
Frankie-second card

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Spooktacular Spider Two ways

Hello. I have had this darling tiny spider stamp for a while. I pulled it and a tiny bat stamp out to play with it. The Unity Stamp Co had a mini challenge going that is drips, drops and splatters.

I decided to do some drips for a card and make it Halloween themed. 
I started with an Arteza black watercolor maker and I scribbled it on acetate and sprayed it with water. I wanted big drips, so I used plenty of water and held it several inches above the paper. Once those were dried I randomly stamped the tiny spiders and bats around them. I decided the drops weren't dark enough so I did a second layer. I wish I had left them the lighter gray they were but oh well. I embossed the sentiment in white on black card stock and popped it up with foam tape. The whole panel is matted in black.

Since I wasn't super happy with the first card and I thought these spiders deserved a second chance, I made another card.

This time I just randomly stamped the spiders all over a die cut card panel. I didn't use the bats. I colored each one using just one Copic marker in each shade. I just added an extra layer around the edges to give it some shadowing. Yellow eyes and an outline make them look just a bit radioactive. I liked this card much better.  Markers used were Y02, BV01, YG05, and YR04

Supplies used:

Spooktacular Spider-spider and sentiment
Little Batty-tiny bat stamp

Friday, August 9, 2019

You're my favorite nut!

Hello, I got this adorable tiny, little chipmunk and am having so much fun with him.

Isn't he so cute. I have an Itty Bitty stamp that has acorns on it. I stamped it multiple times and colored them up in two combos and fussy cut a pile of them out. I die cut a wacky stitched rectangle and ink blended Distress Oxide in Mowed Lawn for the grass. The sky was ink blended with Distress Oxide in Stormy Sky and then I used a cloud stencil and the same color to make some clouds. 

I piled the nuts up until I got a pleasing arrangement and then used sticky dots to stick them down one at a time. The chipmunk topped the pile. The sentiment was stamped with Versafine ink and embossed with white embossing powder. I popped that and the lone acorn up with foam tape. I mounted that panel on black card stock.

I made the background by ink blending a light coat of Distress Oxide in Antique Linen. I used a denim background stamp inked in Distress Oxide Gather Twig to stamp over that. I then streaked Distress Oxide in Aged Mahogany along the edges of the stamp and stamped again.

Copics used:
Acorn One-E55, E57, E70, E71
Acorn Two-E12, E15, E17, E42, E43
Chipmonk-E50, E51, E53

Supplies Used
Wacky Stitched Rectangle-die
Tiny Chipmunk-chipmunk & sentiment
Distress Oxides
Ranger Superfine white embossing powder

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Hello Poppy

I've had some busy summer days but I did get a chance to color and put a card together over the last couple of nights.  It's pretty simple but I love the this flower image.

I colored the poppies with Copics. My red bled just a bit but I tried to rescue it with my blender and gray outline. I die cut the one side of the image with a border die and then used that same die on orange and black card stock. I trimmed down the white image panel and then matched the border edge up to the orange. I then trimmed it down to leave a border around the image. I did this again with the black card stock. 

I used a cover die do die cut a white panel and mounted that on the orange and black card stock. I adhered it all together and placed it on an A2 card blank.

Copics used:
Poppies & ribbon-YR04, YR07, YR09, R27
Leaves & stems-G21, G24
Outline C2, C1, C00

Supplies used:

I used this flower image from the internet for color inspiration.