Hello everyone. It's time for another Friends of Unity Blog Hop. This months theme is so fun. I am super excited to share my take on the theme and see all the others on the hop.
Search This Blog
Saturday, May 6, 2023
This month is Inspired by and it is open to whatever inspired us. I was totally inspired by Unity Design Team member Karen Maldonado. She made the most beautiful card and has agreed to let me share it here so you can see what inspired me.
Let me share some of the elements that caught my eye in her beautiful card.
1. This amazing tan and blue color combo. Back in my scrapbook days, it was a combo I used a lot and had forgotten about.
2. The contrast of this crisp white panel with the colors and background mats. And I loved the delicate shading along the edge.
3. The wonderful detail of the stamping on the tan background adding so much visual interest.
4. The texture of the burlap string bow drawing your eye into the card.
Hopefully I had used this inspiration well.
1. I started by water coloring the flowers from Peony Hugs with a lovely blue watercolor from one of my Prima Arts set. I fussy cut them out and trimmed off a couple of leaves and moved them over to the other clusters. My sentiment is from Aging Gorgeously.
2. I opted to use a crisp white oval mat that is shaded the edges of with the same ink I used on the background panel.
3. I opted to use a stencil for the visual interest on my background panel. I inked the background with a tan ink and then placed a stencil over that and inked it again with the same ink.
4. I wrapped burlap string around my panel three times for my texture in the middle.
I hope you enjoyed this card. Be sure to hop along with all of my fellow Friends of Unity.
Alaine-you are here
Hello everyone. How are you doing? I am looking forward to spring weather that isn't rain to show up here in the Pacific Northwest. We h...
Hello everyone. Welcome to October. I'm a cool weather kind of girl so I am loving the cooler days and the rain. The first of October a...
Hello everyone. I am so very excited to be joining the Friends of Unity Blog hop. I have enjoyed them for so long and am beyond happy that ...