Hello everyone. It's time for another Friends of Unity Blog Hop. This months theme is so fun. I am super excited to share my take on the theme and see all the others on the hop.
Search This Blog
Saturday, May 6, 2023
This month is Inspired by and it is open to whatever inspired us. I was totally inspired by Unity Design Team member Karen Maldonado. She made the most beautiful card and has agreed to let me share it here so you can see what inspired me.
Let me share some of the elements that caught my eye in her beautiful card.
1. This amazing tan and blue color combo. Back in my scrapbook days, it was a combo I used a lot and had forgotten about.
2. The contrast of this crisp white panel with the colors and background mats. And I loved the delicate shading along the edge.
3. The wonderful detail of the stamping on the tan background adding so much visual interest.
4. The texture of the burlap string bow drawing your eye into the card.
Hopefully I had used this inspiration well.
1. I started by water coloring the flowers from Peony Hugs with a lovely blue watercolor from one of my Prima Arts set. I fussy cut them out and trimmed off a couple of leaves and moved them over to the other clusters. My sentiment is from Aging Gorgeously.
2. I opted to use a crisp white oval mat that is shaded the edges of with the same ink I used on the background panel.
3. I opted to use a stencil for the visual interest on my background panel. I inked the background with a tan ink and then placed a stencil over that and inked it again with the same ink.
4. I wrapped burlap string around my panel three times for my texture in the middle.
I hope you enjoyed this card. Be sure to hop along with all of my fellow Friends of Unity.
Alaine-you are here
Saturday, March 4, 2023
Hello everyone. I am super excited for this months Friends of Unity blog hop. I love this months theme.
Winnie the Pooh has been a super favorite of mine for years and years. And yes, I'm old enough that I can say that. I was even more excited when I found out my granddaughter and grandson were having Winnie the Pooh stories read to them every night. I decided to make my cards ones I could mail to them. Even though they only live a couple of miles away, I thought they would enjoy getting happy mail just like I do.
This is the card I made for my granddaughter. I started by stamping the Polka Dance background on a white A2 sized panel. I also stamped the Snow Flurries background on a second panel. I used Simon Says Stamp ink in Carnation for these. I cut the Polka Dance background on a diagonal and adhered it to the Snow Flurries background. I cut a think strip of pink card stock and glued it along the seam. I trimmed this new panel down to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 and adhered it to an A2 panel in pink. I added this to an A2 card base. I stamped WTP:The Smallest Things and colored it with my Copics. I cut this with an oval die and matted it with the same pink card stock. The Hello sentiment is from Gotta Love Sentiments.
My grandson's card uses the same Hello from Gotta Love Sentiments. This time I stamped the Wonky Stripes background onto blue card stock using Simon Says Stamps Royal ink. The strips run horizontal on this stamp. So I cut the panel in half vertically and mounted each half on either end of an A2 size white panel and cut the over hang off the side. I stamped the WTP:Honey Pooh on another white panel and colored it with Copics. This was trimmed down to 4 1/4 x 3 1/2 matted with black card stock at the top and bottom and mounted over the striped card panel so it was centered top to bottom. Both cards are pretty simple but I think my grandkids will love them.
Be sure to hop along and see all the wonderful inspiration we have for you.
Alaine-you are here
Hello everyone. I am so very excited to be joining the Friends of Unity Blog hop. I have enjoyed them for so long and am beyond happy that ...
Hello everyone. It's that time of month again for the Friends of Unity Blog Hop. You are going to want to be sure to check out the full...
Hello everyone. Boy December just flew by in a whirl wind of activity. I can't believe it's time for the Friends of Unity blog hop ...